The scholarship is available to students in colleges and universities throughout the United States. Our goal is to help the educational efforts of students while raising awareness of mesothelioma, provide information about its prognosis and the dangers of being exposed to asbestos. Mesothelioma cancer affects men and women – both young and old.
- Essay must solely be the original work of the contestant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification and may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- Employees of Belluck & Fox, LLP, Consultwebs.com, Inc., their boards of directors and immediate family members are not eligible for this essay contest. Immediate family members of the judges are not eligible for this essay contest.
- All federal, state, local and other taxes and charges on prizes will be the sole responsibility of the contestant.
- All submissions become property of the Belluck & Fox, LLP, law firm to use, reproduce, or distribute as it sees fit in its sole discretion, although authorship may be acknowledged.
- By accepting a prize, winners grant to Mesothelioma Help the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use their essay in connection with this contest, and to further use their names and biographical information in promotional materials without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Mesothelioma Help will make every reasonable attempt to read and have judged every essay, but Mesothelioma Help is not responsible for failure to read and/or judge an essay.
- Any prize or other item to which a contestant may become entitled as a result of his/her participation in this contest is subject to immediate revocation in the event of a discovery of a contestant’s failure to comply with these rules.
- The number of prizes may be changed at Mesothelioma Help sole discretion.
- By participating in this essay contest and/or accepting a prize, contestants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Mesothelioma Help, its managers, members, directors, officers, and employees, from and against any and all liability and costs in connection with any claim from any liability, injury, damages, cost or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or connected to participation in this contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prizes.
- Under no circumstances shall Mesothelioma Help, its managers, members, directors, officers, employees, agents, investors or licensors, be liable to the contestant for any indirect, punitive, special or consequential damages.
- Depending on the number of responses, Mesothelioma Help may institute a cutoff at which time we will refuse to receive additional new applications. Therefore, if you are interested in participating in this essay contest, you should submit your application as soon as possible.
- If there are changes to these Rules they will be sent by email and will be considered read and accepted by the contestant. If they are not acceptable, the contestant may withdraw from this essay contest.
- Any dispute arising from this contest will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles. The contestant’s participation in the contest shall constitute consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County, New York, and agreement that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.